Tuesday, November 29, 2011

November 29th, 2011: What I do and why I do it.


What I do.

What exactly do I do as a Realtor? Well the long and short of it is pretty simple. I help you sell your home or help you buy a new one.

What do I do to help you sell your home, that you would be unable to do by yourself? Why would you pay me a chunk of cash that you could just save and put in your pocket after you sell?

It's a valid question. The problem in that thinking though, is not understanding what a Realtor can do that you the seller can not. I have the ability to put your home on the MLS or Multiple Listing Service which is what other Realtors look at when they are looking for their clients. It lists every detail of your home as well as pictures. The parameters of your home are searchable by price, price per square foot, bedrooms, map area, lot size, year, and many more.

I also put your home on Realtor.com which is the number one location that perspective buyers look on the web. As a Realtor, I am a home marketing consultant that can give you a professional opinion on how much you should list your home for.

If you choose the FSBO route, you can only guess on how much to list your home for. List it for too much, it will sit forever. List it for too little, and you could have potentially gotten more.

I can also show you what you can do to improve the look of your home to help it sell quicker. 

So if you choose to sell by owner, you will be guessing on listing price, and only marketing it to perhaps hundreds of people. If you use my services, you will list it at a more accurate price and thousands and thousands of people will be exposed to your home.

The other part of buying or selling a home is paperwork. Lots and lots of paperwork. Contracts and offers and title policies and earnest money, and option fees. All of this is very tricky, and if done wrong can cause a world of heartache. I can guide you through this process to make it as smooth as possible.

Why do I do it?

If I said that money wasn't a factor, that would be a lie. This is my career after all and it's how I earn a living. However, I am in the SERVICE industry. If I don't do a good job, I won't get referrals. No referalls means no more business. My job as a Realtor is to serve you, the client. I also have a high level of ethics and integrity. My goal is to make sure that you are happy and comfortable with all transactions. I want to make sure you understand EVERYTHING that is happening. I want to teach you along the way. I hope that you will be open to my feedback as well. If you shouldn't be buying a certain home, I will tell you. If you bring home $5000 a month, I will certainly tell you that the $2400 a month house payment is going to turn your dream home into a house of horrors if you proceed. I want to advise and guide along the way that you can make a comfortable and educated decision and at the end of the day, we both feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment